Photograph by Tim-Mckenna
Designing, predicting and visualizing surfing waves.
Founded in 2005 as a spin-off of Delft University of Technology, working together with WaveLoch since 2007 and developing new technology with our partners in Silicon Valley since 2011, SurfReefs is now combining our knowlegde of ocean waves, using today's new technology, in part derived from new achievements in science and building on recent advances in graphics computation to design, predict and visualize surfing waves. It's a disruptive technology!
Our mission is to combine our knowlegde of ocean waves and using today's new technology to make surfing a supreme pleasuring experience for everyone around the world, from rookie to pro, whether you live in proximity of the ocean, or thousands of miles inland.
What We've Achieved
- Design of Rif010 SurfPool in the Steigersgracht in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Be the first to model and visualize real breaking waves.
- Combining our knowlegde of ocean waves with today's new technology.
- Publications in peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Co-inventor of wave dampening technology needed to make a surf pool a viable business
- Design of surf enhancing beach nourishments (Netherlands, Australia).
- Developed instruments to measure ocean waves.
- Developed technology to improve wave machines.